Scalable Game Design wiki
Mission: Reinventing computer science in public schools by motivating & educating all students including women and underrepresented communities to learn about computer science through game design starting at the middle school level.
Results: The project aimed at instructing 1200 students in 3 years but exceeded expectations by instructing over 8,000 students; 45% of the students were girls, 64% of the girls want to continue! research summary...
- June 10 - 15
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Beginner, Advanced Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Training Available
- Game Design, Simulation Design, 3D AgentCubes Design for STEM
- Primarily for Middle School STEM Teachers
- Some Spaces Available for 5th Grade and High School Teachers
- As of May 13, 2013, the training is at capacity. Teachers applying now will be placed on a Wait-List pending confirmation of attendance from Scholars.
Coming Up Next: 2013 CS4HS Computer Science for High School Teacher Workshop
- Date: July 10 - 12
- Aurora Public Schools Professional Learning & Conference Center
- Sponsored by Google, Inc.
- Hook 'em & Land 'em: How to Use Game Design to Teach Computational Thinking and Motivate Students in Middle School and High School
- Primarily for Aurora Public School District High School Computer Science, Instructional Technology, and Digital/Design Technology Teachers and their Feeder Middle School Computer Science Teachers
Those interested in attending this year's CS4HS workshop can email: Yasko Endo Project Manager.
Once available space is confirmed, you will receive an online application link.
News: Keep up with what's happening with Scalable Game Design Project: Join our mailing list or follow us on Facebook.
- December 14,2012 Girlstart is awarded a Computer Science Collaboration Project Mini grant to engage Hispanic/Latino youth to game design with AgentSheets
- June 2012, Scalable Game Design coverage by the Colorado Daily.
- Jan 13, Repenning presents Scalable Game Design at the Technology Leadership Forum in Colorado Springs.
- Jan 1, 2012, The "Type II: CT4TC - Computational Thinking for Teaching Computing: Validating a Theory of Broadening Participation", NSF CE21 project officially begins.
- Nov. 6: The Brazilian Scalable Game Design wiki is officially launched.
- Sept. 28: Repenning to give Keynote at the Latin American Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (IHC & CLIHC 2011) in Brazil.
- June 28: Scalable Game Design Brasil Project ("Clique para a Computação") was officially launched at the Universidade Federal Fluminense: (photos, News Article (Google translated)
- June 23: Scalable Game Design at the TIE Conference with Alex and Mark
- June 12: Channel 9NEWS, "Colorado's News Leader" features a report of the Summer Institute
- June 6: Front-page press coverage for the 2011 Summer Institute by the Boulder Daily Camera
- Other project news
- Follow Scalable Game Design on Facebook